Teacher - Data Analyst Apprenticeship programme (part-time)
We are Decoded, the pioneers of transformative technology education. We democratise cutting edge skills. We help transform traditional businesses into tech companies. We give our learners the skills and confidence to embrace the future of work.
Our products and methodologies have been shaped through our collaboration with some of the largest and most technologically progressive organisations in the world. We use the intelligent, ethical and creative application of technology to lay the foundations for a more productive and promising world – one with unlimited possibilities.
Decoded is looking for a part-time (Monday - Thursday) Teacher to join our Teaching Team. As a Teacher you will support our Product Development team in delivering our best-in-class workshops to learners in our Data Academy programme. Your time will be spent preparing for delivery, teaching workshops and providing peer-review on our curriculum. You will also work with the Teaching Director to define best practices and share your experience with the team.
As a Teacher at Decoded you will be accountable for:
Knowledge of content
- Subject matter expertise
- Delivery of key resources
- Learning objectives
- Complete delivery of Learning Objective material
Quality of Teaching
- Use of formative assessment
- Ability to connect with learners
- Ability to be easy to follow
- Ability to be engaging
Adaptability of individual learners
- Classroom management
- Technical issues
SPECIFIC ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Teaching our data science learning content at in-person workshops, hackathons, webinars, video recordings and other mediums we may develop in the future
- Supporting product developers and teacher training, where appropriate
- Travelling to workshops in the UK and abroad, when necessary
- Honing your skills as an educator and building your knowledge of andragogy and teaching theory
- Providing training, mentoring or support to other teachers, where appropriate
- Representing Decoded by giving external talks and attending client meetings, when necessary
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS
We're looking for candidates with a mindset built on:
- Building collaborative relationships
- Solving problems elegantly and creatively: “find a way or make a way”
- Organisational skills - proactivity, process improvements
- Communication skills - written, verbal, 1:1, group
- The ability to create a fun, inclusive and supportive team environment
- A flexible, can do attitude and a willingness to learn
- Striving for excellence in all areas
- The ability to keep things in perspective
- Exceptional attention to detail to deliver timely, quality results
WHAT DOES SUCCESS LOOK LIKE?
A successful candidate will be expected to achieve the following within 3-6 months:
- Autonomous management of workshops delivery
- Confidence to successfully deliver at least 80% of our Academy workshops
- An overall Learner Feedback score +8/10
- An overall Teacher KPI score of 75%
WHO ARE YOU?
- A passionate Teacher with over 2 years of experience teaching computer science (or similar) in a school, university or higher level
- In possession of a recognised teaching qualification
- Confident coding in Python
- An excellent communicator
- Self-motivated and a problem solver who takes initiative
- Passionate about technology and learning
- A team player who is eager to improve our programme wherever possible and contributes to overall morale
- Always keen to learn, improve and stretch your own knowledge, skills and behaviours
- Familiarity or experience with Data Science concepts and tools
TEAM REPORTING AND STRUCTURE
You will report into a Product Director.
DAY TO DAY
This role has the potential to be fully remote. You will work from 9am to 6pm, four days per week Monday to Thursday. When possible, you may need to travel to your learners' workplaces to deliver in-person workshops.
LEARNING & PROGRESSION
We run a dedicated learning calendar to hone craft skills in teaching, leadership, strategy and other relevant disciplines.
Quarterly performance reviews embedded within our culture of feedback will ensure you are recognised and rewarded for the value that you bring to Decoded.
APART FROM THE ABOVE, WORKING AT DECODED MEANS YOU'LL GET
- 22 days holiday per year, including bank holidays
- We also close for two full weeks at Christmas, at Decoded's discretion
- Modern, flexible and fully serviced offices at Fora
- Company pension contributions
- Private health care including dental, GP and hospital cover and a gym discount to help you prioritise your wellbeing
- Travel insurance
- A huge array of social events including themed Christmas get-togethers and a summer away day as well as monthly drinks and activities
- Continuous learning and development through monthly training sessions focusing on data science and teaching, plus bespoke training, coaching and development to allow you to reach your potential. You will be challenged with lots of responsibility and exciting projects in an environment that encourages learning, creativity, personal growth and collaboration
- Free monthly lunches, fresh fruit every day, drinks and snacks
- Casual dress every day
- Flexible working and working from home when you need to
- Cutting edge software and kit, always