Senior Programme Manager
We are Decoded, the pioneers of transformative technology education. We democratise cutting edge skills. We help transform traditional businesses into tech companies. We give our learners the skills and confidence to embrace the future of work.
Our products and methodologies have been shaped through our collaboration with some of the largest and most technologically progressive organisations in the world. We use the intelligent, ethical and creative application of technology to lay the foundations for a more productive and promising world – one with unlimited possibilities.
Decoded is looking for a Senior Programme Manager to join our Programme Management Team. As a Senior Programme Manager, you will work with colleagues and partners to onboard, support and project manage our clients throughout their engagement with the Academy. You will also work with the Head of Programme Management to define best practice and lead the programme management team across our Academy and Leadership products.
As a Senior Programme Manager at Decoded, you will be accountable for:
- Project managing our programmes from onboarding to completion
- Building strong strategic relationships with our clients and the wider team to ensure learners have everything they need to be successful on our programmes
- Tracking and reporting on programme progress and compliance
- Continuously improving our processes
- Supporting the Head of Programme Management to lead the Programme Management Team
SPECIFIC ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Managing programmes: successfully onboarding and delivering programmes in a compliant fashion in line with our clients’ digital strategy
- Ensuring the smooth running of our programmes across the Data Academy for you and your direct reports
- Working with the Head of Programme Management to oversee the smooth running of the programme management function when needed
- Providing feedback to the Head of Programme Management on the health of our programmes, flagging any issues that require support
- Managing relationships with our clients
- Working with our compliance advisors, colleagues and partners to support the Programme Management Team in ensuring compliance
- Leading the team when the Head of Programme Management is out of the business
- Lead in identifying and standardising processes, ensuring appropriate documentation is created and communicated
- Working with the Head of Programme Management to implement improvements and changes to processes, collating feedback and iterating further improvements if needed
- Managing a team of Programme Managers and Programme Coordinators, whilst modelling best practice in behaviour, attitude and execution
- Creating a clear development plan with set objectives for all direct reports
- Supporting the Head of Programme Management in the recruitment of new team members
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS
Your performance will be measured and driven by a mindset built on:
- Building collaborative relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Solving problems elegantly and creatively: “find a way or make a way”
- Organisational skills - proactivity, process improvements
- Communication skills - written, verbal, 1:1, group
- The ability to create a fun, inclusive and supportive team environment
- A flexible, can-do attitude and a willingness to learn
- Striving for excellence in all areas
- The ability to keep things in perspective
- Exceptional attention to detail to deliver timely, quality results
WHO ARE YOU?
- You have experience in managing projects and client relationships in a fast-paced environment
- You are a good communicator and can lead small teams confidently
- You have a positive and ‘roll up your sleeves’ - attitude (we are at a high growth stage and keen to improve current functions)
- You always turn challenges into opportunities to enhance the product & service
- You are detail-oriented and organised, you can identify trends while considering the larger scale impact
- You have a track record in standardising, documenting and improving existing processes
- You have an understanding of, and interest in tech and innovations
- You are passionate about Decoded’s mission and creating a social impact
- You love working in a cross-functional team environment
- Familiarity with managing digital apprenticeship programmes
DAY TO DAY
You will be in control and responsible for your time. You plan your working day around the best outcomes for success, identifying and prioritising projects against business needs.
LEARNING & PROGRESSION
All team members gain full exposure to Decoded learning programmes. So when it comes to future-proofing your CV, you couldn’t be better placed. In just a few months at Decoded you’ll become fluent in digital technologies and innovation, and you’ll continue to refresh and refine this knowledge for the duration of your career here.
Beyond that, we run a dedicated learning calendar to hone craft skills in teaching, leadership, strategy and other relevant disciplines.
Quarterly performance reviews embedded within our culture of feedback will ensure you are recognised and rewarded for the value that you bring to Decoded.
APART FROM THe ABOVE, WORKING AT DECODED MEANS YOU'LL GET
- 28 days’ holiday per year, inclusive of the 8 bank holidays. We also close for two full weeks at Christmas, at Decoded's discretion
- Modern, flexible and fully serviced offices at Fora
- Company pension contributions
- Private health care including dental, GP and hospital cover and a gym-discount to help you prioritise your wellbeing
- Travel insurance
- A huge array of social events including themed Christmas get-togethers and a summer away day as well as monthly drinks and activities
- Continuous learning and development through monthly training sessions focusing on data science and teaching, plus bespoke training, coaching and development to allow you to reach your potential. You will be challenged with lots of responsibility and exciting projects in an environment that encourages learning, creativity, personal growth and collaboration
- Free monthly lunches, fresh fruit every day, drinks and snacks
- Casual dress every day
- Flexible working and working from home when you need to
- Cutting edge software and kit, always