Senior Product Developer
We are Decoded, the pioneers of transformative technology education. We democratise cutting edge skills. We help transform traditional businesses into tech companies. We give our learners the skills and confidence to embrace the future of work.
Our products and methodologies have been shaped through our collaboration with some of the largest and most technologically progressive organisations in the world. We use the intelligent, ethical and creative application of technology to lay the foundations for a more productive and promising world – one with unlimited possibilities.
Decoded is looking for a Senior Product Developer to join our Product Team. As a Senior Product Developer you will provide ﬁrst-class teaching and content development that meets standards of our best-in-class Mindset curriculum. You will teach in-person and virtual workshops, develop workshop material, develop online material, peer review workshop and online material and bring your expertise to bear on our content. You will manage other Product Developers and provide them with support to understand technology concepts and how to break these down for learners.
As a Senior Product Developer at Decoded, you will be accountable for:
- Delivery of Decoded workshops
- Curriculum development of Decoded workshops
- Line-management, where appropriate
- Assisting in the hiring and training of teachers and product developers
SPECIFIC ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
Delivery of Decoded workshops
- Delivering excellent workshops to Decoded learners
- Focus on enhancing skills as an Academy Teacher and/or Leadership facilitator
- Maintaining a healthy balance of external delivery to internal work
Curriculum development of Decoded workshops:
- Module ownership of Mindset content
- Integrating cutting-edge industry-relevant digital technologies
- Development on other Decoded material where necessary
- Focus on enhancing skills as a curriculum developer and learning designer
- Line-management of other Product Developers
- Focus on developing line-management skills
Assisting in the hiring and training of teachers and product developers:
- Assisting with the hiring of Decoded teachers
- Assisting with the delivery of Decoded internal training
WHAT DOES SUCCESS LOOK LIKE
A successful candidate will be expected to achieve the following within 3 months:
- Leading delivery of our core Mindset workshops
- Updating and reviewing updates to our core Mindset workshops
- Working collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders to deliver a smooth programme to our learners
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS
Your performance will be measured and driven by a mindset built on:
- Building collaborative relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Solving problems elegantly and creatively: “find a way or make a way”
- Organisational skills - proactivity, process improvements
- Communication skills - written, verbal, 1:1, group
- The ability to create a fun, inclusive and supportive team environment
- A flexible, can do attitude and a willingness to learn
- Striving for excellence in all areas
- The ability to keep things in perspective
- Exceptional attention to detail to deliver timely, quality results
WHO ARE YOU?
- You have significant experience teaching or communicating to others
- You have technical experience and are hungry to learn more
- You are an outstanding communicator and can lead small teams confidently
- You have a positive and ‘roll up your sleeves’ - attitude (we are at a high growth stage and keen to improve current functions)
- You always turn challenges into opportunities to enhance the product & service
- You are detail oriented and organised, you can identify trends while considering the larger scale impact
- You love working in a cross functional team environment
- Familiarity with instructional design
TEAM REPORTING AND STRUCTURE
Report into our current Senior Product Developer.
DAY TO DAY
You will be in control and responsible for your time. You plan your working day around the best outcomes for success, identifying and prioritising projects against business needs.
LEARNING & PROGRESSION
All team members gain full exposure to Decoded learning programmes. So when it comes to future-proofing your CV, you couldn’t be better placed. In just a few months at Decoded you’ll become fluent in digital technologies and innovation, and you’ll continue to refresh and refine this knowledge for the duration of your career here.
Beyond that, we run a dedicated learning calendar to hone craft skills in teaching, leadership, strategy and other relevant disciplines.
Quarterly performance reviews embedded within our culture of feedback will ensure you are recognised and rewarded for the value that you bring to Decoded.
APART FROM THE ABOVE, WORKING AT DECODED MEANS YOU'LL GET
- 28 days’ holiday per year, inclusive of the 8 bank holidays. We also close for two full weeks at Christmas, at Decoded's discretion
- Modern, flexible and fully serviced offices at Fora
- Company pension contributions
- Private health care including dental, GP and hospital cover and a gym-discount to help you prioritise your wellbeing
- Travel insurance
- A huge array of social events including themed Christmas get-togethers and a summer away day as well as monthly drinks and activities
- Continuous learning and development through monthly training sessions focusing on data science and teaching, plus bespoke training, coaching and development to allow you to reach your potential. You will be challenged with lots of responsibility and exciting projects in an environment that encourages learning, creativity, personal growth and collaboration
- Free monthly lunches, fresh fruit every day, drinks and snacks
- Casual dress every day
- Flexible working and working from home when you need to
- Cutting edge software and kit, always