Senior Learning Technologist
We are Decoded, the pioneers of transformative technology education. We democratise cutting edge skills. We help transform traditional businesses into tech companies. We give our learners the skills and confidence to embrace the future of work.
Our products and methodologies have been shaped through our collaboration with some of the largest and most technologically progressive organisations in the world. We use the intelligent, ethical and creative application of technology to lay the foundations for a more productive and promising world – one with unlimited possibilities.
Decoded is looking for a knowledgeable and motivated Senior Learning Technologist to join our London team. You will be responsible for supporting our cutting-edge Data Academy programme, getting a first-hand perspective of FTSE100 companies who are embedding data science and machine learning within their organisations. As part of our Learning Team, you will be responsible for the implementation, maintenance and enhancement of our learning management systems, working closely with all Decoded staff to ensure utilisation of our learning technology and platforms is fully optimised, identifying new and creative opportunities to integrate new functionality and ensuring the best possible user experience.
Our Data Academies are 6-18 month on-the-job Data Analyst programmes which focus on modern data science and machine learning. Content covered includes Python, R, SQL, deep machine learning algorithms and frameworks for the efficient handling of Big Data. You will be on the frontline of businesses adopting these cutting edge tools and resources, and will ultimately help them embrace data science at scale.
As Senior Learning Technologist at Decoded, you’re ultimately accountable for:
- Implementing new platforms for online and offline learning delivery at Decoded, including migrating data from existing platforms;
- Developing learning technology integrations across platforms, software and multimedia learning resources;
- Evaluating the effectiveness of existing and new learning technologies used across the business;
- Researching and identifying enhancement opportunities and providing a recommendation and action plan for implementation;
- Administering our platforms as we onboard new learners and educators, including the creation and oversight of training for new users;
- Identifying any need for support staff to assist in administering and maintaining our platforms;
- Monitoring and improving internal user experience of all learning platforms;
- Management and oversight of updating content in our learning platforms alongside the Learning Technologist;
- Maintaining a reasonable response time to business queries;
- Continuous improvement of our learning technology;
- Engaging with the learning technology world and passing that knowledge on to the rest of the team.
SPECIFIC ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
Platform support and administration:
- Support, maintenance, and enhancement of our current learning platforms, Bud and Canvas
- Working closely with the Compliance team on our Apprenticeship delivery platform, Bud
- Implementation and management of new learning technology platforms
- Identifying and implementing LTI, xAPI and third party API integrations across learning platforms
- Creating and automating reports for use across the business using tools such as PowerBI
- Encouraging the use of data and compliance of GDPR throughout our platforms
Learning technology enhancement and development:
- Administering and developing online learning tools and resources
- Liaising with the Product team and LXD to provide expert guidance on new learning technologies
- Identifying the best tool for the job in any new or ongoing product development
- Utilising cutting-edge multimedia and rapid authoring tools for new and ongoing product development
- Preparing and presenting the business case for new learning technology solutions
- Engaging with the learning technology industry to support your professional development
- Line management of the Learning Technologist
- Working with the Learning Experience Designer to support the strategic focus of the business
SKILLS & BEHAVIOURS
Your performance will be measured by and driven by a mindset built on:
- Striving for excellence in everything you do. You don’t accept mediocrity in yourself or the team around you.
- Building brilliant, collaborative and productive relationships with colleagues and partners alike.
- Solving problems elegantly and creatively: “find a way or make a way”.
- Taking accountability for your own success, and the success of others.
- Organisational skills - proactivity, process improvements.
- Communication skills - written, verbal, 1:1, group.
- You have a can-do attitude and a willingness to learn.
- You have exceptional attention to detail and excellent organisational skills.
WHO ARE YOU?
- 3+ years experience in VLE/LMS support, maintenance and implementation
- Experience with e-Learning and authoring tools such as Bud, Canvas, Moodle and Articulate
- Experience integrating third-party APIs
- Experience with multimedia learning tools
- Excellent project management skills
- Passion for tech and education
- Ability to work independently and in a team
- An obsession with reliability and performance
- Attention to detail
- Experience in LTI or xAPI development and implementation
- A background in higher education or apprenticeship provision
- Prior experience with Bud, Canvas, Articulate or Aptem
- Prior experience administering student record systems and functional skills tracking
- Experience using Zendesk and PowerBI
TEAM & REPORTING STRUCTURE
This role will report into the Learning Experience Designer.
You will be in control and responsible for your time. You plan your working day around the best outcomes for success, identifying and prioritising projects against business need.
LEARNING & PROGRESSION
All team members gain full exposure to Decoded learning programmes. So when it comes to future-proofing your CV, you couldn’t be better placed. In just a few months at Decoded you’ll become fluent in digital technologies and innovation, and you’ll continue to refresh and refine this knowledge for the duration of your career here.
Beyond that, we run a dedicated learning calendar to hone craft skills in leadership, management, strategy and other relevant disciplines.
Quarterly reviews embedded within our culture of feedback will ensure you are recognised and rewarded for the value that you bring to Decoded.
Apart from the above, working at Decoded means you’ll get:
- 28 days’ holiday per year, inclusive of the 8 bank holidays. We also close for two full weeks at Christmas, at Decoded's discretion
- Flexible working including work-from-home
- Modern, flexible and fully serviced offices at Fora
- Company pension contributions
- Private health care including dental, GP and hospital cover and a gym-discount to help you prioritise your wellbeing
- Travel insurance
- A huge array of social events including themed Christmas get-togethers and a summer away day as well as monthly drinks and activities
- Continuous learning and development through monthly training sessions focussing on data science and teaching, plus bespoke training, coaching and development to allow you to reach your potential. You will be challenged with lots of responsibility and exciting projects in an environment that encourages learning, creativity, personal growth, and collaboration
- Free monthly lunches, fresh fruit every day, drinks and snacks
- Casual dress every day
- Flexible working and working from home when you need to
- Cutting edge software and kit, always