We are Decoded, the pioneers of transformative technology education. We democratise data science skills and digital mindsets. We help transform traditional businesses into tech companies. We give our learners the skills and confidence to embrace the future of work.
Our products and methodologies have been shaped through our collaboration with some of the largest and most technologically progressive organisations in the world. We use the intelligent, ethical and creative application of technology to lay the foundations for a more productive and promising world – one with unlimited possibilities.
Decoded is looking for a Sales Director to join our commercial team and be a member of our Senior Leadership Team.
You will have accountability for the acquisition of our global clients, selling digital literacy and data skills programmes into global organisations such as HSBC, CitiBank, Nike and Unilever. You will manage our existing sales team and grow the team as we scale.
SPECIFIC ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
As Sales Director:
- You will be responsible for executing our sales strategy and setting clear revenue targets for the sales team.
- You will build a pipeline of warm leads by analysing and segmenting the market and executing an outbound prospecting strategy.
- You will lead our growth, through a combination of personal new client wins and mentoring the sales team to hit their revenue targets
- You will be responsible for developing a high performance sales team using your leadership, coaching and sales experience.
- You will work closely with our account management team to cross-sell and upsell to existing clients.
SKILLS & BEHAVIOURS
Your performance will be measured by and driven by:
- Striving for excellence in everything you do. You don’t accept mediocrity in yourself or the team around you.
- Fearlessly leading people and building brilliant, collaborative and productive relationships with colleagues, clients and partners alike.
- Solving problems elegantly and creatively: “find a way or make a way”.
- Intellectual curiosity. You are interested in understanding your client’s needs and their business and the impact that data skills can have in positively transforming it.
- Taking accountability for your own success, and the success of others.
WHAT DOES SUCCESS LOOK LIKE?
A successful candidate will be expected to achieve the following within 12 months:
- Delivering on a personal revenue target as well as mentoring the sales team to deliver on their targets
- Understanding your client’s business model and challenges and co-creating Decoded business and client strategy
- Translating business strategy and priorities into specific and clear objectives and deliverables for your team
- Regularly engaging the CEOs in dialogue to ensure the team’s objectives and priorities sync with the overall Decoded vision and direction
- Intensively engaging with the global Exco to ensure the team’s objectives, priorities and ways-of-working align with other teams
- Engaging with global counterparts in the US and Asia to share best-practice
Growing the team
- Identifying, hiring and retaining world-class talent into your team
Enabling high performance
- Developing existing talent within your team through regular objective-setting, feedback and progression cycle
- Operationalising clear processes for the team’s running on a day-to-day, week-to-week and quarter-to-quarter basis through relevant and focussed meetings, documentation, comms channels and reporting mechanisms
- Acting as the point for of escalation for day-to-day or pastoral issues for your team
- Unlocking internal blockers around process, resource, budget for your team
- Stepping in to fill plug gaps within your team as required
WHO ARE YOU?
- You have outperformed on your individual sales targets, selling enterprise deals (over $1M) to blue chip clients
- You have grown client revenue above and beyond the expectations of your business and the market
- You have managed and coached your own team and those outside of your direct control to deliver excellent product or experiences for your client
- Self-motivated and a problem solver who takes initiative
- Excited to work within a small, tight-knit team who pride themselves on their efficiency and productivity
- A team player who is eager to improve our work wherever possible and contributes to overall morale
- Always keen to learn, improve and stretch your own knowledge, skills and behaviours
- Passionate about technology and learning
DAY TO DAY
You will be based in our London office and/or remotely from your home.
You will be in control and responsible for your time. You plan your working day around the best outcomes for success, identifying and prioritising projects against business needs.
LEARNING & PROGRESSION
All team members gain full exposure to Decoded learning programmes. So when it comes to future-proofing your CV, you couldn’t be better placed. In just a few months at Decoded you’ll become fluent in digital technologies and innovation, and you’ll continue to refresh and refine this knowledge for the duration of your career here.
Beyond that, we run a dedicated learning calendar to hone craft skills in teaching, leadership, strategy and other relevant disciplines.
Quarterly performance reviews embedded within our culture of feedback will ensure you are recognised and rewarded for the value that you bring to Decoded.
WORKING AT DECODED MEANS YOU’LL GET:
- A competitive salary and a commission structure based on reaching revenue targets.
- 28 days’ holiday per year, inclusive of the 8 bank holidays. We also close for two full weeks at Christmas, at Decoded's discretion
- Modern, flexible and fully serviced offices at Fora
- Company pension contributions
- Private health care including dental, GP and hospital cover and gym discounts to help you prioritise your wellbeing
- Travel insurance
- A huge array of social events including themed Christmas get-togethers and a summer away day as well as monthly drinks and activities
- Continuous learning and development through monthly training sessions focusing on data science and teaching, plus bespoke training, coaching and development to allow you to reach your potential. You will be challenged with lots of responsibility and exciting projects in an environment that encourages learning, creativity, personal growth and collaboration
- Team lunches, fresh fruit every day, drinks and snacks
- Flexible working and working from home when you need to
- Cutting edge software and kit, always