We are looking for a Data Scientist whose biggest strength is communicating technology and difficult-to-understand concepts to a non-technical audience, in-person, and digitally. You are an energetic, enthusiastic individual with a gift for communication, coding, and hacking together digital solutions.
You may have completed a Data Science Bootcamp or you may have a formal education. Maybe you just love Googling and spend your time completing Kaggle competitions. You are not phased by the need to quickly upskill as new technology emerges, taking pleasure in breaking down complex concepts for a non-technical audience.
As a Product Developer for our Data Science products at Decoded, you will work with learners, educators, programmers, designers and customer relationship teams to produce best-in-class classroom and digital learning experiences.
Specifically, you will work on:
prototyping and developing data science learning content;
preparing and delivering workshops about Data, Blockchain, Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence;
using code to create digital learning tools;
improving the Data Fellowship curriculum;
encouraging effective use of data across the Decoded;
refining existing products through review of pedagogy, content and delivery;
engaging with the tech world and passing that knowledge on to the rest of the team.
You will work in small, cross-functional teams to solve problems identified and prioritised by the business.
Decoded is growing rapidly and changing all the time. Whatever you start with in your first quarter, it is likely that you will work on a combination of face-to-face learning products and digital tools over time.
You will have opportunities to teach and travel to Decoded customers across the world.
- A high-achiever with 3-5 years of work experience (you can count formal education as work)
- An excellent communicator
- Unfazed by the challenge of learning new programming languages, data analysis techniques and hardware platforms
- Passionate about technology
- Experience coding in a high-level language such as Python or R
- Excited by helping people solve their own business problems, big and small
- You’re self-motivated and take initiative within a small tight-knit team who likes nothing better than getting things done