We are in search of people with a desire to deliver world class data workshops and coaching.
We have a network of mentors who work for us and are growing rapidly. This is a part-time/full-time role that requires 3-5 days of commitment per week
As a Data Mentor at Decoded, you will work with learners, educators, programmers, designers and customer relationship teams to deliver best-in-class classroom and digital learning experiences.
Typically our Mentors are academics, teachers, PhD students, artists, designers and developers. You may have completed a Data Science Bootcamp or you may have a formal education. Maybe you just love Googling and spend your time completing Kaggle competitions. You are not phased by the need to quickly upskill as new technology emerges, taking pleasure in breaking down complex concepts for a non-technical audience.
You will work closely with a member of the Decoded product team (Kyle Buttner) as well as one other mentor to ensure the Fellows are supported in their learning journey.
- Mentor a cohort of ~10 individuals as they go through a data programme
- Be available around 3-5 days per week
- Fostering a sense of community within your cohort
- Holding fortnightly one-to-one mentorship sessions with each member of your cohort
- Working through and gaining familiarity with data concepts ahead of mentorship sessions
- Looking over coursework and project outputs
- Holding local or remote office hours once a week
- Documenting each your mentees progress through the programme
- Updating course materials to satisfy bespoke requirements as needed
- Uploading learner progress and evidence of learning to an internal system
- Iterating existing processes and sharing with the wider mentorship team
- Being available on Slack or an alternative messaging tool
- Participating in occasional Decoded-led mentor training sessions
- Working with Decoded to ensure the overall success of the cohort