Junior Technical Project Manager
We are Decoded, the pioneers of transformative technology education. We democratise cutting edge skills. We help transform traditional businesses into tech companies. We give our learners the skills and confidence to embrace the future of work.
Our products and methodologies have been shaped through our collaboration with some of the largest and most technologically progressive organisations in the world. We use the intelligent, ethical and creative application of technology to lay the foundations for a more productive and promising world – one with unlimited possibilities.
Decoded is looking for a Junior Technical Project Manager to join our Technical Assurance team. Product excellence is our #1 ambition, and this role is critical in how we define and implement the best-in-class curriculum for our learners.
Our Data Academy is an 18-month Data Analyst Level 4 Apprenticeship programme. Content covered includes modern data science techniques, machine learning and the tools to support this. Your work will help ensure a product that is providing individuals with the mindset and skills of the future.
The Technical Assurance team help our clients implement the technology required to embed these skills within their organisations and ensure our products are optimised for client rollout. We are a small but efficient team who collaborate openly, honestly and closely and strive for continuous improvement. Decoded’s Junior Technical Project Manager is responsible for ensuring excellence through a wide range of work including:
- Managing the technical onboarding of new cohorts of learners onto our Data Academy programme.
- Managing quality assurance of the Data Academy learning material within client environments.
- Technical project management of standalone/ad-hoc projects with Decoded’s clients.
- Assisting the Technical Project Manager with the global roll-out of Data Academy product iterations.
- Reporting to the Technical Project Manager and collaborating with and supporting the wider team including Programme Management and Learner Support.
- Owning and constantly improving Technical Assurance team documentation, data collection and reporting/dashboarding.
SPECIFIC ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
As Junior Technical Project Manager you will:
- Gain an excellent understanding of each client’s technology stack and Decoded’s requirements to enable the clients’ access to cutting edge Data Science tools.
- Run the technical onboarding operation. Working with client and internal stakeholders to manage the setup of technical resources for new cohorts of learners and ensuring environments run through rigorous QA prior to cohort launch.
- Develop and own effective project plans using our task management tooling. Reporting back to the Technical Project Manager on project status and issues and communicating key information to other internal teams.
- Problem solving to overcome unexpected technical and logistical issues, with input from the Technical Project Manager and Learner Technical Support.
- Owning dashboards and reports, promoting and visualising the Technical Assurance team’s work.
- Providing technical project management expertise to support the success of other internal teams; technical operations work, technical input on client and sales documentation, providing a systems/environment/setup perspective for product development.
WHAT DOES SUCCESS LOOK LIKE?
A successful candidate will be expected to achieve the following within 3-6 months:
- Ownership of an agreed remit within the client technical assurance operation e.g. defined tasks across Decoded’s Data Academy client relationships.
- Successful handover of defined client communication with agreed level of oversight and input from the Technical Project Manager.
- Proven capacity to independently manage technical projects with internal or external teams improving the experience of Data Science learning across Decoded’s clients.
- Regular and consistent reporting of the team’s work; updating the team dashboards with accurate data.
- Achievement of a set of milestones for collaborative work between the Technical Assurance team to improve our scalability and adoption of a data-driven approach.
WHO ARE YOU?
- A diligent project manager with 1-5 years of experience managing technical teams.
- Experienced with stakeholder management including those within large, complex organisations.
- Confident leading technical discussions and informing more general discussions with a technical perspective.
- An excellent communicator.
- Proficient at establishing, implementing and improving rigorous processes.
- Experience with corporate projects, change or I.T. management or related fields, either through working for or with relevant organisations.
- Self-motivated and a problem solver who takes initiative.
- Excited to work within a small, tight-knit team who pride themselves on their efficiency and productivity.
- A team player who is eager to improve our work wherever possible and contributes to overall morale.
- Always keen to learn, improve and stretch your own knowledge, skills and behaviours.
- Passionate about technology and learning.
- Familiarity with Data Science themes and tooling.
- Proficiency with at least one Data Science language, such as R or Python.
- Formal project management training or certification.
- Experience with the Financial Services sector.
- 28 days’ holiday per year, inclusive of the 8 bank holidays. We also close for two full weeks at Christmas, at Decoded's discretion
- Modern, flexible and fully serviced offices at Fora
- Company pension contributions
- Private health care including dental, GP and hospital cover and a gym-discount to help you prioritise your wellbeing
- Travel insurance
- A huge array of social events including themed Christmas get-togethers and a summer away day as well as monthly drinks and activities
- Continuous learning and development through monthly training sessions focusing on data science and teaching, plus bespoke training, coaching and development to allow you to reach your potential. You will be challenged with lots of responsibility and exciting projects in an environment that encourages learning, creativity, personal growth and collaboration
- Free monthly lunches, fresh fruit every day, drinks and snacks
- Casual dress every day
- Flexible working and working from home when you need to
- Cutting edge software and kit, always