Internal Quality Assurer (IQA) Data Analysts L4
We are Decoded, the pioneers of transformative technology education. We democratise cutting edge skills. We help transform traditional businesses into tech companies. We give our learners the skills and confidence to embrace the future of work.
Our products and methodologies have been shaped through our collaboration with some of the largest and most technologically progressive organisations in the world. We use the intelligent, ethical and creative application of technology to lay the foundations for a more productive and promising world – one with unlimited possibilities.
Decoded is looking for an Internal Quality Assurer (IQA) to join our Quality and Compliance team for the delivery of the Data Analyst Level 4 Standard. As an IQA you will work with your colleagues to ensure a consistently excellent standard of assessment and educational practice. This is a new and growing team and this is an opportunity for the right person to have a significant impact on a growing business.
As the IQA you will be accountable for maintaining excellence by:
- Maintaining full compliance in line with standard criteria, EPAO requirements, company strategies, policies and procedures
- Monitoring the internal quality assurance of the Mentorship team through managing a schedule of verification
- Ensuring accuracy and consistency of decisions and feedback to learners & mentors
- Planning and implementing a comprehensive 12 month standardisation programme
- Supporting CPD strategies across the business
- Driving compliance and continuous improvement in assessment & IQA practise
- Contributing to cross functional projects to support the delivery of Data Analyst level 4
- Regular appropriate reporting to the management team
- Supporting self assessment and Ofsted readiness work
SPECIFIC ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
As the IQA you will be responsible for:
- Familiarising yourself with Decoded’s Curriculum and delivery model
- Liaising with End Point Assessment Organisations (EPAOs) and other Awarding Bodies where needed.
- Working cross functionally with operations, education and product aiding ongoing developments and compliance overviews
- Agreeing assessment activities and signing off learner evidence before they are entered for EPA
- Giving feedback to individuals on assessment decisions and offering guidance and support
- Delivering in-house training when required
- Chairing awarding body visits and supporting ongoing approvals
SKILLS & BEHAVIOURS
Your performance will be measured by and driven by a mindset built on:
- Striving for excellence in everything you do
- Not accepting mediocrity in yourself or the team around you. Building brilliant, collaborative and productive relationships with colleagues and partners alike
- Solving problems elegantly and creatively: “find a way or make a way”
- Taking accountability for your own success, and the success of others
- Excellent communicator and interpersonal skills
- Proven experience of prioritisation and organisational skills with the ability to meet deadlines often under high pressure
- Working flexibly as part of a growing team to meet the needs of teams and learners
- Ability to work alone using initiative and discretion
- Exceptional attention to detail to deliver timely, quality results
WHAT DOES SUCCESS LOOK LIKE?
A successful candidate will be expected to achieve the following within 3-6 months:
- Understand Decoded’s curriculum and delivery methods
- Build and deliver a schedule of verification across the mentorship team
- Identify strengths and areas for development across the mentorship team
- Meet the team and build good working partnerships
- Influence and share good practice
- Have an influence on efficiencies in assessment practice
- Influence timely learner achievements
WHO ARE YOU?
- A diligent practising IQA with 5 years of experience
- Experienced with Data or Digital standards
- Confident in leading all IQA activities
- An excellent communicator
- Proficient at establishing, implementing and improving rigorous processes
- Experience with remote teams and remote technologies
- Self-motivated and a problem solver who takes initiative
- Excited to work within a small, tight-knit team who pride themselves on their efficiency and productivity
- A team player who is eager to improve our work wherever possible and contributes to overall morale
- Always keen to learn, improve and stretch your own knowledge, skills and behaviour
- Passionate about technology and ongoing learning
- Dara Science skills and knowledge
- Familiar with EPAO processes
- Familiar chairing AB visits and approvals when necessary
TEAM & REPORTING STRUCTURE
This role will report into the Quality & Compliance Director as part of the Quality and Compliance Team which is part of the Operations Organisation.
You will be in control and responsible for your time. You plan your working day around the best outcomes for success, identifying and prioritising projects against business needs.
LEARNING & PROGRESSION
All team members gain full exposure to Decoded learning programmes. So when it comes to future-proofing your CV, you couldn’t be better placed. In just a few months at Decoded you’ll become fluent in digital technologies and innovation, and you’ll continue to refresh and refine this knowledge for the duration of your career here.
Beyond that, we run a dedicated learning calendar to hone craft skills in leadership, management, strategy and other relevant disciplines.
Quarterly reviews embedded within our culture of feedback will ensure you are recognised and rewarded for the value that you bring to Decoded.
APART FROM THE ABOVE, WORKING AT DECODED MEANS YOU’LL GET:
- A competitive salary
- 28 days’ holiday per year, inclusive of the 8 bank holidays. We also close for two full weeks at Christmas, at Decoded's discretion
- Company pension contributions
- Private health care including dental, GP, hospital cover and a gym-discount to help you prioritise your wellbeing
- Travel insurance
- The opportunity to join a high growth company
- A work environment that values creativity, personal growth and collaboration
- Continuous learning and development: you will be challenged with lots of responsibility and exciting projects in an environment that encourages learning
- A huge array of social events including themed Christmas get-togethers and a summer away day as well as monthly drinks and activities
- Monthly team breakfast, fresh fruit every day, drinks and snacks
- Flexible working and working from home when you need to
- Cutting edge software and kit, always