We are Decoded, the pioneers of transformative technology education. We democratise
data science skills and digital mindsets. We help transform traditional businesses into
tech companies. We give our learners the skills and confidence to embrace the future of
Our products and methodologies have been shaped through our collaboration with some of the largest and most technologically progressive organisations in the world. We use the intelligent, ethical and creative application of technology to lay the foundations for a more productive and promising world – one with unlimited possibilities.
Decoded is looking for a Global Head of Product to lead our global product team and be a
member of our Senior Leadership Team, sitting on the Global ExCo.
Decoded’s products are our learning experiences which are delivered consistently globally.
Our product team consists of subject matter experts, content developers and learning
experience designers. They develop and maintain a suite of digital literacy and data skills
experiences. These range from short form workshops delivered virtually and in-person to
data skills programmes which harness online learning methodologies, workshops, 1:1
mentorship and more.
You will have accountability for the development and delivery of our product roadmap. You
will maintain, develop and grow our suite of digital literacy and data skills programmes
which are delivered to global organisations such as HSBC, Citibank, Nike and Unilever. You
will work closely with the Commercial Team to identify future products which meet the
needs of our clients and our business ambitions. You will manage our existing product
team and grow it as we scale.
Specific Roles & Responsibilities
As Global Head of Product:
You will be responsible for executing our product roadmap and setting a clear direction of product excellence for your team.
You will define and maintain a standard for products which deliver Decoded’s values of excellence, simplicity, integrity and fun.
You will work closely with the Commercial Team to identify future products which meet the needs of our clients and our business ambitions.
You will support our growth, through a combination of delivering product pitches and ensuring product market fit.
You will lead and develop a high performing team of subject matter experts, content developers and learning experience designers.
You will work globally across the full range of our product offering: mindset (digital awareness, tech, data, cyber), skillset (Data Academies and Data Apprenticeships) and bespoke (mindset and skillset solutions based on client need).
Skills & Behaviours
Your performance will be measured by and driven by:
● Striving for excellence in everything you do. You don’t accept mediocrity in yourself or the team around you.
● Fearlessly leading people and building brilliant, collaborative and productive relationships with colleagues, clients and partners alike
● Solving problems elegantly and creatively: “find a way or make a way”.
● Intellectual curiosity. You are deeply passionate about the world of technology and the transformational impact that digital literacy and data skills can have for individuals and businesses.
● Taking accountability for your own success, and the success of others.
What Does Success Look Like?
A successful candidate will be expected to achieve the following within 12 months:
Delivering excellent products
● Setting a standard of excellence, simplicity, integrity and fun across all of Decoded’s
● Delivering the current product roadmap - focussed on development of our new
mindset offering, Data Academy and new Apprenticeship development - to time
and to the level of expected quality.
● Translating business strategy and priorities into specific and clear objectives and
deliverables for your team
● Intensively engaging with the global Exco to ensure the team’s objectives, priorities
and ways-of-working align with other teams
● Balancing the needs of maintaining a single suite of excellent products, with
regional and client needs.
Contributing to growth
● Developing the product roadmap to align with technology trends, client needs and
Decoded’s strategy and growth priorities.
● Regularly engaging the Decoded CEOs in dialogue to ensure the product roadmap
and team’s priorities sync with the overall Decoded vision and direction.
● Delivering product pitches to senior stakeholders alongside Commercial Team
● Teaching workshops to C-suite audiences as a means to ensure success and growth
of a programme.
Enabling high performance
● Identifying, hiring and retaining world-class talent into your team.
● Developing existing talent within your team through regular objective-setting,
feedback and progression cycle.
● Operationalising clear processes for the team’s running on a day-to-day,
week-to-week and quarter-to-quarter basis through relevant and focussed
meetings, documentation, comms channels and reporting mechanisms
● Acting as the point for of escalation for day-to-day or pastoral issues for your team
● Unlocking internal blockers around process, resource, budget for your team
● Stepping in to fill plug gaps within your team as required
Who Are You?
Day To Day
You will be based in our London office and/or remotely from your home.You will be in control and responsible for your time. You plan your working day around the best outcomes for success, identifying and prioritising projects against business needs. All team members gain full exposure to Decoded learning programmes. So when it comes to future-proofing your CV, you couldn’t be better placed. In just a few months at Decoded you’ll become fluent in digital technologies and innovation, and you’ll continue to refresh and refine this knowledge for the duration of your career here. Beyond that, we run a dedicated learning calendar to hone craft skills in teaching, leadership, strategy and other relevant disciplines. Quarterly performance reviews embedded within our culture of feedback will ensure you are recognised and rewarded for
the value that you bring to Decoded.
Apart From The Above, Working At Decoded Means You’ll Get: