Creative Learning Technologist (3 month fixed term contract)
We are Decoded, the pioneers of transformative technology education. We democratise cutting edge skills. We help transform traditional businesses into tech companies. We give our learners the skills and confidence to embrace the future of work.
Our products and methodologies have been shaped through our collaboration with some of the largest and most technologically progressive organisations in the world. We use the intelligent, ethical and creative application of technology to lay the foundations for a more productive and promising world – one with unlimited possibilities.
Decoded is looking for a Creative Learning Technologist to join our Learning Experience Design team on a 3-month fixed term contract, scheduled to start in October based on current project timelines. As a Creative Technologist you will support our cutting-edge Data Science educational programme through the implementation and development of our learning technology and platforms.
As a Creative Learning Technologist at Decoded, you’re accountable for:
- Implementing new learning technology platforms and developing the user/data architecture required
- Identifying, developing and project managing new learning technology integrations
- Building the operational specifications for the maintenance of new and existing learning technologies and platforms
- Working with our Learning Experience and Curriculum teams to develop the ideal learning pathways and objects inside new and existing platforms to ensure the best possible learning experience and maximise the potential learning analytics
- Working with our Programme Management team to ensure that our learning platforms support an efficient and simple operational flow
- Maintaining internal tools that are relied upon by the learning tech stack
- Assisting in the hiring and training of an LMS Administrator
SPECIFIC ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Implementation and management of new learning technology platforms
- Support, maintenance, and enhancement of our current learning platform: Canvas
- Identifying and implementing LTI, xAPI and third party API integrations across learning platforms
- Creating and automating reports for use across the business using tools such as PowerBI
- Encouraging the use of data and ensuring compliance of GDPR throughout our platforms
Learning technology enhancement and development:
- Developing and administering online learning tools and resources
- Liaising with the Product and Learning Experience teams to provide expert guidance on new learning technologies
- Identifying the best tool for the job in any new or ongoing product development
- Utilising cutting-edge multimedia and rapid authoring tools for new and ongoing product development
- Preparing and presenting the business case for new learning technology solutions
- Engaging with the learning technology industry to support your professional development
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS
Your performance will be measured and driven by a mindset built on:
- Striving for excellence in everything you do
- Solving problems elegantly and creatively: “find a way or make a way”
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven experience of prioritisation and organisational skills with the ability to meet deadlines often under high pressure
- Ability to work autonomously using initiative
- Exceptional attention to detail to deliver timely, quality results and proactively identifying potential learning tech solutions
WHAT DOES SUCCESS LOOK LIKE?
A successful candidate will be expected to achieve the following within 3 months:
- The implementation of our new learning technology platform to support our pilot cohorts for the Global Data Academy programme
- Developing the user architecture to support the Global Data Academy and implementing the operational workflow for importing and onboarding users into the platform
- Creating and automating Global Data Academy reports measuring learner and other user data
- Enhancement of our learning tech stack to ensure a seamless learner journey for our pilot Global Data academy learners including the integration of external tools: SurveyGizmo and Credly
- Documenting the operational specifications for the learning tech maintenance of the Global Data Academy programme and upskilling an LMS Administration
WHO ARE YOU?
- 3+ years experience developing web-based software
- Fluent in HTML, CSS, JS and at least one backend language
- Experience integrating third-party APIs
- Experience analysing data in batch and realtime modes
- Excellent project management skills
- Passion for tech and education
- Ability to work independently and in a team
- An obsession with reliability and performance
- Attention to detail and proactivity
- Experience in setting up VLE/LMS, maintenance and implementation
- Experience with e-Learning and authoring tools such as Canvas and Articulate
- Experience with Python and Jupyter Notebooks
- Experience with multimedia learning tools
- Experience in LTI or xAPI development and implementation
- Experience using Zendesk and PowerBI
DAY TO DAY
You will be in control and responsible for your time. You plan your working day around the best outcomes for success, identifying and prioritising projects against business needs.
LEARNING & PROGRESSION
All team members gain full exposure to Decoded learning programmes. So when it comes to future-proofing your CV, you couldn’t be better placed. In just a few months at Decoded you’ll become fluent in digital technologies and innovation, and you’ll continue to refresh and refine this knowledge for the duration of your career here.
Beyond that, we run a dedicated learning calendar to hone craft skills in teaching, leadership, strategy and other relevant disciplines.
Quarterly performance reviews embedded within our culture of feedback will ensure you are recognised and rewarded for the value that you bring to Decoded.
APART FROM THe ABOVE, WORKING AT DECODED MEANS YOU'LL GET
- 28 days’ holiday per year, inclusive of the 8 bank holidays. We also close for two full weeks at Christmas, at Decoded's discretion
- Modern, flexible and fully serviced offices at Fora
- Company pension contributions
- Private health care including dental, GP and hospital cover and a gym-discount to help you prioritise your wellbeing
- Travel insurance
- A huge array of social events including themed Christmas get-togethers and a summer away day as well as monthly drinks and activities
- Continuous learning and development through monthly training sessions focusing on data science and teaching, plus bespoke training, coaching and development to allow you to reach your potential. You will be challenged with lots of responsibility and exciting projects in an environment that encourages learning, creativity, personal growth and collaboration
- Free monthly lunches, fresh fruit every day, drinks and snacks
- Casual dress every day
- Flexible working and working from home when you need to
- Cutting edge software and kit, always