Compliance Manager (Apprenticeships)
We are Decoded. We're the pioneers of transformative digital learning. We make change possible for those committed to bettering their business by embracing technology. Our products and methodologies have been shaped through our collaboration with some of the largest and most technologically progressive organisations in the world.
We use the intelligent, ethical and creative application of technology to lay the foundations for a more productive and promising world – one with unlimited possibilities.
Decoded is looking for an energetic and motivated Compliance Manager to take responsibility for the compliance for our growing Level 4 Data Analyst apprenticeship programme, the Data Academy. A programme which transforms the data skills of individuals within businesses across sectors in England.
Decoded is on the Register of Apprenticeship Training Providers (RoATP) as a main provider, has previously operated predominantly as a subcontractor and has now started to increasingly operate as main provider. Decoded is now well placed in the apprenticeship field to build a strong reputation in its own right as a quality deliverer of apprenticeships in the digital field.
As Compliance Manager at Decoded, you’re ultimately accountable for:
- Ensuring that Decoded is compliant with government and other sourced apprenticeships contracts
- Developing responsive, efficient and relevant systems and processes, that will ensure that Decoded achieves compliance within all of its apprenticeship contracts.
- Working closely with the operations, product and finance teams to support the design, development and operational delivery of the programme from a compliance perspective.
- Staying up to date with apprenticeship funding and compliance guidance and ensuring this information is communicated and implemented across the business in pursuit of achieving compliance.
SPECIFIC ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Understanding of the ESFA’s Apprenticeship funding rules and Technical Funding Guidance, including all updates and revisions.
- Developing, initiating, maintaining and revising relevant policies and procedures for the general operation of programme.
- Identifying areas of compliance vulnerability and risk, developing and implementing action plans for resolution of problematic issues, and providing guidance on how to avoid or deal with similar situations in the future.
- Managing and developing our relationships with relevant ESFA and End Point Assessment organisation staff.
- Understanding compliance aspects required for commercial contracts.
Cross-team collaboration and support
- Monitoring apprenticeship delivery activity to ensure compliance with ESFA rules.
- Liaising with delivery teams regarding all aspects of compliance.
- Offering advice and support to all Decoded staff on compliance issues.
- Supporting the development of the Quality Self-Assessment Report (SAR) and Quality Improvement Plan (QIP).
- Responding and resolving potential breaches of rules/regulations, policies and procedures by regular monitoring and evaluation across teams.
- Preparation of Monthly "Risk and Compliance" Report, and presentation as required to Senior Management.
- Ensuring proper reporting to enforcement agencies.
- Providing board reports on a regular basis.
SKILLS & BEHAVIOURS
Your performance will be measured by and driven by a mindset built on:
- Striving for excellence in everything you do. You don’t accept mediocrity in yourself or the team around you.
- Building brilliant, collaborative and productive relationships with colleagues, stakeholders and partners alike.
- Solving problems elegantly and creatively: “find a way or make a way”.
- Taking accountability for your own success, and the success of others.
WHO ARE YOU?
- Passionate about the education and technology sectors
- A self-starter who is excited to work in a small team and a fast-paced environment
- Flexible in your approach and have a positive, can-do attitude to compliance
- Proven previous involvement in and experience of apprenticeship delivery and compliance
- A detailed understanding of the UK’s Further Education sector, including Apprenticeships
- Experience of the monitoring of training delivery and assessment
- Experience of working with and supporting teams and individuals
- Experience of effective performance improvement and quality assurance
- Experience in or a good understanding of the technology sector
- Experience of dealing with ESFA and other relevant education regulators
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Excellent relationship building skills
- Project management and organisational skills
- Proven ability to with initiative
- Working knowledge and experience in using word processing, database software and spreadsheets
TEAM & REPORTING STRUCTURE
This role will report into the Managing Director, London.
You will be in control and responsible for your time. You plan your working day around the best outcomes for success, identifying and prioritising projects against business need.
LEARNING & PROGRESSION
All team members gain full exposure to Decoded learning programmes. So when it comes to future-proofing your CV, you couldn’t be better placed. In just a few months at Decoded you’ll become fluent in digital technologies and innovation, and you’ll continue to refresh and refine this knowledge for the duration of your career here.
Beyond that, we run a dedicated learning calendar to hone craft skills in leadership, management, strategy and other relevant disciplines.
Quarterly reviews embedded within our culture of feedback will ensure you are recognised and rewarded for the value that you bring to Decoded.
Apart from the above, working at Decoded means you’ll get:
- A competitive salary
- Company pension with matched contributions
- 28 days’ holiday per year (inclusive of the 8 bank holidays). We also close for two full weeks at Christmas
- The opportunity to join a high growth company
- A work environment that values creativity, personal growth and collaboration
- Continuous learning and development: you will be challenged with lots of responsibility and exciting projects in an environment that encourages learning
- Flexible working and working from home when you need to
- Private health insurance
- Travel insurance
- Cutting edge software and kit, always