Apprenticeship Programme Administrator
We are Decoded, the pioneers of transformative technology education. We democratise cutting edge skills. We help transform traditional businesses into tech companies. We give our learners the skills and confidence to embrace the future of work.
Our products and methodologies have been shaped through our collaboration with some of the largest and most technologically progressive organisations in the world. We use the intelligent, ethical and creative application of technology to lay the foundations for a more productive and promising world – one with unlimited possibilities.
Decoded is looking for a meticulous and motivated Apprenticeship Programme Administrator to join our London team. You will be responsible for supporting our cutting-edge Data Academy programme, running on the Bud Systems Apprenticeship Delivery platform.
As part of our Apprenticeship Team, you will be responsible for the update and maintenance of apprenticeship programme delivery, specifically, our apprenticeship management system, Bud. You will work closely with all Decoded staff to ensure our platforms are fully optimised, compliant and deliver curriculum updates within specified time frames. Ensuring the best possible user experience is a high priority, so the ability to prioritise workflows, effectively track changes across various platforms and cohorts, ensure commitment to internal service level agreements (SLAs) and manage time sensitive releases are key.
Our Data Academy is an 18 month on-the-job Data Analyst Level 4 apprenticeship, which focus on modern data science and machine learning. Content covered includes Python, R, SQL, deep machine learning algorithms and frameworks for the efficient handling of Big Data. You will be on the frontline of businesses adopting these cutting edge tools and resources, and will ultimately help them embrace data science at scale.
As a Apprenticeship Programme Administrator at Decoded, you’re ultimately accountable for:
- Administration and programme management of the deployment of curriculum and compliance updates across Decoded’s Apprenticeship platform, Bud.
- Identifying any need for support staff to assist in administering and maintaining our platforms.
- Monitoring and improving internal user experience of all learning platforms.
- Management and oversight of updating content in our learning platforms alongside the Learning Technologist and Curriculum Manager.
- Establish an efficient process for tracking Apprenticeship administration changes, adhering to compliance and quality assurance requirements (utilising programme management software such as Asana and Google sheets) and;
- Creation of checklists for tracking changes across multiple cohorts on diverse curricula, in concert with other stakeholders.
- Maintaining a reasonable response time to business queries in line with internal SLAs.
- Ad hoc:
- Continuous improvement of our learning technology.
- Evaluating the effectiveness of our existing systems and working with the vendor to provide appropriate feedback.
- Review and plan for new update releases and/or versions of Bud and how these changes will impact Apprenticeship management.
- Research and identifying enhancement opportunities and providing a recommendation and action plan for implementation
SPECIFIC ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
Platform support and administration:
- Support, maintenance, and administration of our current Apprenticeship platforms: Bud, BKSB and PowerBI.
- Working closely with the Compliance team.
- Creating and automating reports for use across the business using tools such as PowerBI.
- Encouraging the use of data and compliance of GDPR throughout our platforms.
Learning technology enhancement and development:
- Administration of online learning tools and resources.
- Liaising with the Product team and LXD to review new learning technologies;
- Identifying the best tool for the job in any new or ongoing product development.
- Preparing and presenting the business case for new learning technology solutions, working with other stakeholders to build this out where appropriate.
- Engaging with the learning technology industry to support your professional development.
- Working with the Learning Technologist, Compliance Manager and Curriculum Manager to support the strategic focus of the business
SKILLS & BEHAVIOURS
Your performance will be measured by and driven by a mindset built on:
- Striving for excellence in everything you do. You don’t accept mediocrity in yourself or the team around you.
- Building brilliant, collaborative and productive relationships with colleagues and partners alike.
- You have exceptional attention to detail and excellent organisational skills.
- Solving problems elegantly and creatively: “find a way or make a way”.
- Taking accountability for your own success, and the success of others.
- Organisational skills - proactivity, process improvements.
- Communication skills - written, verbal, 1:1, group.
- You have a can-do attitude and a willingness to learn.
WHO ARE YOU?
- 2+ years experience in student record administration and maintenance.
- Experience with learner record systems such as Bud, SITS (Tribal), Pellcomp software (PICS).
- A background in further or higher education.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Passion for tech and education.
- Ability to work independently and in a team.
- An obsession with reliability and performance.
- Attention to detail.
- Experience managing Apprenticeship Standards programmes.
- Prior experience of functional skills tracking for apprenticeships.
- Experience using Zendesk and PowerBI.
TEAM & REPORTING STRUCTURE
This role will report into the Programme Manager - Apprenticeships.
You will be in control and responsible for your time. You plan your working day around the best outcomes for success, identifying and prioritising projects against business need.
LEARNING & PROGRESSION
All team members gain full exposure to Decoded learning programmes. So when it comes to future-proofing your CV, you couldn’t be better placed. In just a few months at Decoded you’ll become fluent in digital technologies and innovation, and you’ll continue to refresh and refine this knowledge for the duration of your career here. This role has scope to learn new skills in LMS platforms, including Canvas and Articulate.
Beyond that, we run a dedicated learning calendar to hone craft skills in leadership, management, strategy and other relevant disciplines.
Quarterly reviews embedded within our culture of feedback will ensure you are recognised and rewarded for the value that you bring to Decoded.
APART FROM THE ABOVE WORKING AT DECODED MEANS YOU'LL GET
- 28 days’ holiday per year, inclusive of the 8 bank holidays. We also close for two full weeks at Christmas, at Decoded's discretion
- Flexible working, including work-from-home
- Modern, flexible and fully serviced offices at Fora
- Company pension contributions
- Private health care including dental, GP and hospital cover and a gym-discount to help you prioritise your wellbeing
- Travel insurance
- A huge array of social events including themed Christmas get-togethers and a summer away day, as well as monthly drinks and activities
- Continuous learning and development through monthly training sessions, focussing on data science and teaching, plus bespoke training, coaching and development to allow you to reach your potential. You will be challenged with lots of responsibility and exciting projects in an environment that encourages learning, creativity, personal growth, and collaboration
- Free monthly lunches, fresh fruit every day, drinks and snacks
- Casual dress every day
- Flexible working and working from home when you need to
- Cutting edge software and kit, always