We are Decoded, the pioneers of transformative technology education. We democratise cutting edge skills. We help transform traditional businesses into tech companies. We give our learners the skills and confidence to embrace the future of work.
Our products and methodologies have been shaped through our collaboration with some of the largest and most technologically progressive organisations in the world. We use the intelligent, ethical and creative application of technology to lay the foundations for a more productive and promising world – one with unlimited possibilities.
Decoded is looking for an Account Director to join our Global Commercial Team, headquartered in London. This job spec details the role requirements.
As an Account Director at Decoded, your core responsibility is to retain and grow revenues within your portfolio of accounts. This will include the development of client account plans and collaboration with other Decoded teams to flawlessly deliver successful programmes to your clients
MINDSET, SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS
Above all, your performance will be driven by a mindset built on:
Beyond this mindset, there are some specific skills and behaviours which you should expect to demonstrate on an ongoing basis:
The strategic success of Decoded programmes within your portfolio of clients. To deliver against this accountability, you’ll be:
- Identifying and cultivating large-scale global opportunities and briefs from senior, decision-making clients to tackle their organisation’s strategic challenges and learning development objectives
- Guiding clients through Decoded products, how they work and how they can help their organisation meet their strategic challenges and objectives.
- Demonstrating your personal credibility by giving counsel to clients through your knowledge of their sector and digital trends
- Articulating and bringing to life how Decoded’s products and programmes will deliver against your clients’ strategic challenges
- Identifying the right resource for the right challenge: who do you need to bring together to work on any given project?
- Briefing, energising and seamlessly transitioning purchased programmes to the Decoded delivery team to execute programs
- Regularly aligning with the delivery teams, turning feedback into action by demonstrating product impact to the clients
- Ensuring all commercial and legal documentation is in place
- Building brilliant relationships with individual decision-making clients globally with a view to retaining and growing revenue from them
- Networking within your clients’ organisations to establish new buying relationships with other decision-makers, and identifying strategic opportunities to launch Decoded programmes
- Creating proposals to convert new opportunities
- Marketing Decoded’s programmes within your clients’ organisations to acquire learners
WHO ARE YOU?
WHAT DOES SUCCESS LOOK LIKE?
A successful Account Director is able to demonstrate all of the above mindset, skills and behaviours within the first 6 months of joining Decoded.
Whilst Account Directors will be expected to ‘hit the ground running’ and begin working with clients almost immediately, a full onboarding process has been designed to ensure that new team members are set up for success.
The first three months within the role will be focussed on learning everything about the business, our clients and our products. The next three months will focus on putting that learning to work and contributing to the growth and expansion of our current client base.
TEAM REPORTING AND STRUCTURE
In the London office, the Account Management function sits within the Global Commercial Team. Account Directors report directly into the Global Head of Account Management.
DAY TO DAY
An Account Director’s day will be a mix of internal and external meetings, managing the Decoded team around them and head-down work.
It may involve travel to clients, both in the UK and internationally.
The typical Decoded working week is 09:00 – 18:00, Monday to Friday. Since you will be responsible for the management of global client accounts, you may be required to shift your days earlier or back to align with stakeholders in various time zones.
LEARNING AND PROGRESSION
Account Directors gain full exposure to Decoded learning programmes. So when it comes to future-proofing your CV, you couldn’t be better placed. In just a few months at Decoded you’ll become fluent in digital technologies and innovation, and you’ll continue to refresh and refine this knowledge for the duration of your career here.
Beyond that, we run a dedicated learning calendar to hone craft skills in client servicing, presentation and storytelling, management, sales and other relevant disciplines.
Quarterly reviews are embedded within our culture of feedback and will ensure you progress swiftly in your role at Decoded. While there’s a relatively flat hierarchy in the business, you should expect to be growing your level of responsibility on an ongoing basis in line with improving performance.
APART FROM THE ABOVE, WORKING AT DECODED MEANS YOU'LL GET: